Easy playdough recipe without cream of tartar or lemon. No-cook and can be easily prepared in ten minutes using things you already have.
Today we are trying an easy playdough recipe without cream of tartar or lemon juice.
(I don’t even know what is this cream of tartar, plus we can’t go out to get it anyway.)
I’m not a perfectionist and what we made was close enough to the store-bought one that I’m never buying playdough again for sure.
So let’s dive in.
How To Make Playdough Without Cream Of Tartar Or Lemon
I haven’t tried the ones with C.O.T but this recipe was enough to make my kids happy. It was not sticky or crumbly so why make things difficult.
That said, I will try the other recipe just to compare how the two playdoughs differ.
So for now, let’s dive into the recipe with what we do have at hand.
No Cream Of Tartar Playdough Recipe Ingredients
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/4th cup of salt (finer quality helps or your dough will be grainy)
teaspoontablespoon cooking oil
- Food color of your choice (or Koolaid)
- Any essential oil of your choice (optional)
- Water and a bowl or dish for mixing and kneading
Step By Step Instructions: Playdough Recipe Without Cooking
1. Take all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl or container.
2. Mix all the liquids together and give them a quick whip,
I actually missed this step of mixing liquids (esp the food color and water) separately first and that was messy. So don’t be me.
3. Pour the liquid mixture into the dry ingredients of the bowl
4. Mix them all together.
5. Now roll up your sleeves and start kneading the dough, slowly adding water as required.
6. Knead the dough till all things have mixed well and the mixture finally starts looking like your perfect playdough.
7. Let the fun begin!
Important: If your playdough isn’t soft, don’t add more water, that will make it sticky, instead, add more oil and knead for a few more minutes. If your dough is sticky, add more flour and keep kneading.
Did it stain my hands? After using soap, everything came off.
And it doesn’t stain my son’s hands either.
The next day, I made another batch at my mom’s where the kids playing and needed calmer options.
If you try our playdough recipe without cream of tartar, let me know how it goes.
- Blow Painting With Straws: Water Color Blowing Technique (+Printable)
- Fun May Calendars For Kids (30 Designs To Choose From!)
- M&M Science Experiment For Kids To Try (Need Only 3 Items!)
- High Fiving Hand Trace Craft For Kids Feeling Isolated
- Bored Kids? Try A Football Maze Gross Motor Movement Activity
Save this easy playdough recipe without cream of tartar for the rainy day!